- 1-1/2 Cups + 1/4 Cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut, plus additional for sprinkling if desired (about 2 Tablespoons)
- 6 Tablespoons (1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons) Honey or Agave Nectar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Gluten-Free Crispy Brown Rice Cereal
- 1/2 to 3/4 Cup Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips
- Lightly grease an 8 x 8 baking pan (I use glass)
- Place the 1-1/2 cups of coconut in a food processor or spice grinder (see my notes above), and whiz until it begins to clump and turn into a paste (about 1 minute).
- Add the honey and vanilla, and quickly blend again to incorporate.
- Place the crispy rice cereal and the remaining 1/4 cup of shredded coconut in a large bowl, add the coconut paste mixture, and stir with a wooden spoon or lightly greased hands (I use my hands) to combine. It might be a little messy, but that’s half the fun!
- Press the crispy mix evenly into the baking pan. If needed, you can use plastic wrap or parchment paper between your hands and the mix as you press it in to avoid sticking.
- Chill the treats in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- While those are chilling, melt 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips in a bowl (I microwave them on high for 1 minute, and then stir vigorously until smooth). You might need more depending on how zealous you get with the dipping.
- Cut the crispies into squares or bars, big or small. Whatever shape you desire! I usually do 8 longer bars, or 12 smaller treats.
- Dip the bars/treats in the chocolate, then turn them chocolate side up and place them on a plate while the chocolate dries.
- If desired, sprinkle the treats with coconut while the chocolate is still wet.
- I like to store these in the refrigerator or freezer to keep them crisp, but they will keep at room temperature, too. Just don’t expect them to last too long … these get eaten quickly in my house!
Gluten-free and vegan(?)!
THESE PARENT BIRDS ARE SO BEAUTIFUL LIKE BIRDY DRAG QUEENS WITH FLAWLESS EYELINER AND THE BABY LOOKS LIKE AN UNFINISHED MUPPET AND I’M DEAD.
These perfectly done up geisha are just so proud of their strange little alien sock puppet.
this picture makes me happy
Every time I see this I think I laugh harder
They really do look so proud
So serious, so dignified as they bask together in the stupid looking lint monster that came out of one of their butts
I love this!
Make it gay and it will get better